Tuesday to Friday - 9.00 to 18.00
Saturday - 9.00 to 16.00
Sunday and Monday - Closed
All bookings are by appointment only.
I do explain proper aftercare to all my new clients and give them aftercare leaflets for HD Brows, Shellac, Waxing and other treatments. I am going to add a page on this site dedicated to Aftercare so keep a look out for it! In the meantime if you have any specific questions, please contact me - I'm always happy to help my clients.
Although we are currently no longer offering Acrylic Nail Treatments at Just Beauty, we have left the following questions and answers in this section as a courtesy. Most of our clients love Shellac treatments and no longer ask for acrylics. However, we can suggest a couple of salons in Sittingbourne where you can have acrylics done.
The causes for lifting and nail enhancement loss can be:
(1) Rough handling too soon after treatment - although the acrylic hardens very quickly on the surface, it is best to allow 24 hours of light handling to ensure proper adhesion even though the product feels 'dry' immediately after application.
(2) Submerging the hands in water for long periods too soon after the treatment e.g. bath or washing up etc. Use gloves for washing up if possible.
(3) Use of hand creams that contain Lanolin. Use Solar Oil for nails and fingers.
(4) Improper 'Prep' - short for 'preparation'. Your nail technician should prepare your natural nail surfaces properly to ensure the enhancements last as long as possible.
(5) Naturally very oily nail beds. Some people have difficulty keeping nail enhancements on because their nail beds produce a lot of natural oils. Your nail tech can perform extra prep in cases like this to help extend their lifespan.
See your nail tech as soon as possible. You don't want to leave it too long because the lifted areas can harbour bacteria.
Solar Oil is a specially formulated cuticle oil. It is recommended for use on natural nails to keep them looking and feeling healthy as it promotes healthy nail growth. It is also very useful for acrylic or gel nails as it helps to prevent them from drying out and lifting. It helps your natural nail underneath remain strong and healthy.
Please don't! Pulling, prising and biting them off will damage your natural nail beds! These should be removed by a professional who has the proper training and products to remove them safely.
You must be at least 16 (sixteen) years old to have tips, acrylic nail extensions etc without consent. We can do these treatments on younger clients but a parent or guardian must sign a consent form prior to having these treatments.